- About Me
- Published Works
- Writing Samples
- My Games
Do you like stealth action games like Deus Ex, Alpha Protocol, and No One Lives Forever? Do you like tabletop roleplaying games? Then I think you’ll like BLACK SEVEN, my latest creation.
BLACK SEVEN is an independent espionage organisation that undertakes deniable operations deemed too politically sensitive for governments, corporations, or private individuals.
Stripped of the marketing speak, BLACK SEVEN’s Agents break in to places, sneak around, steal data, beat up guards, hack computers, get into running gun battles, and occasionally assassinate people. Sometimes, they do this for Queen and Country. Sometimes, it’s for God, America, and Mom’s Apple Pie. And sometimes it’s because a nice lady with an indiscriminately European accent handed over a suitcase containing five million in non-sequential fifties as a downpayment.
It’s ten minutes into the future. You live a life of luxury, at least until you get the call from BLACK SEVEN. Then, you go to risk your life. Whether you do it for the money, for the safety of the free world, or to expand the definition of the “free world” is up to you. All Control cares about is that you get the job done.
BLACK SEVEN is:
• 47 pages of modern espionage RPG inspired by stealth-action games like Deus Ex, Alpha Protocol, and Splinter Cell.
• An abstract system for representing position and stealth without the need for maps or precise measurements.
• Focused on stealth action with Agents defined by what actions they take when infiltrating an enemy facility.
• Creative Commons licensed, so one purchase feeds the gaming needs of a whole group. If you like it and got it for free, I hope you buy it.
• Multiformat, including the rules and a sample adventure in PDF and ePub format, and a host of PDF reference sheets—including a business-card sized Agent Record.
(That’s three dollars, said with some excitement. Not three-factorial dollars. Sorry for any mathematicians I worried with the price there.)
Stew Wilson is a writer, game designer, computational demonologist, and mathematician.
This blog covers his professional writing and game design work.
Tagsadministrivia aeternal legends Beyond BLACK SEVEN conpulsion cons Download Fera food free fuck stauts-q gaming glimpses good deeds Guardians of Steel lazyweb Open Dev other people's brilliance pipe dream Playtest politics prescriptivist design of subnarrative metalevels release self-publishing for stoats sketch TGFKATTEG Through werewolf white wolf WoD